Oikos Live – Episode 30 (Nov. 2018)
A few key points covered in this video.
- Chat with Sylvie
- Sylvie shares her testimony
- Rooibos tea
- Before and After testimony
- Very ill son – it used to be all about the maths and language.
- What was important before is not any longer – not concerned about the formal education as I used to be
- Being a family and coming alongside our children and teaching them about their Saviour is what matters now
- It’s a miracle that he is with us. He came through a great ordeal so I must enjoy his childhood
- Is academics important?
- The KONOS file was overwhelming to me – it did not compute. I was trying to teach them knowledge.
- I had to change everything I thought about education
- I took KONOS file and saw it differently because it became activities rather than lessons to teach knowledge
- Used to get exhausted while doing KONOS but not anymore
- KONOS memory basket
Itsimportant to capture some memories of childhood through KONOS living
- KONOS – God at the top – cone with character traits
- KONOS flip books – showing the various volumes and the drawings to depict each character unit
- KONOS is not prescriptive – its a lot of fun
- Loved, thriving, happy children
- Shepherd their hearts
- Doing life together – we do not know if we will be here tomorrow. Tomorrow you may not have that chance
socome alongside your children.
- When I panicked when my husband would panic with me but now he is encouraging me to not panic and believe that what we doing is right because we are at peace.
- The vision for our family has always been the same – but we did try other things but we came back.
- KONOS does not need to scare you – take one unit at a time – you need not
- When you try to make it into a structure and all about the knowledge you get stressed and exhausted.
- Traumatic valley – we want people to experience the FUN and realise that it is not about the knowledge – there are a lot of videos to watch – you do not have to go through the valley to realise that KONOS is fun.
- Tell people what KONOS is not.
- It is definitely okay to have fun.